Privacy & Data Policy
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
The Brownie Owl collects the following data when you make a purchase via our website:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, billing address, shipping address, payment info)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Brownie Owl with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
The Brownie Owl may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Facebook Messenger
- Instagram Direct Message
- Twitter Direct Message
How will we use your data?
The Brownie Owl collects your data so that we can:
- Communicate with you with regard to processing your order
- Email you with special offers on other products we think you might like.
When The Brownie Owl processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
The Brownie Owl securely stores your data on password protected laptops.
The Brownie Owl will keep your email address and order details until you ask us to delete your information.
The Brownie Owl would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, if you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop The Brownie Owl from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
The Brownie Owl would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request from The Brownie Owl copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that The Brownie Owl correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Brownie Owl to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that The Brownie Owl erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that The Brownie Owl restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to The Brownie Owl processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that The Brownie Owl transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Or write to us: Unit 25 Cariocca Business Park, Ardwick, Manchester M12 4AH
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Keep a record of any items stored in your shopping basket and to guide you through our checkout process.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - The Brownie Owl uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising - The Brownie Owl uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. The Brownie Owl will never share this data with third parties for advertising purposes.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at :
Or write to us at: The Brownie Owl, Unit 25 Cariocca Business Park, Ardwick, Manchester M12 4AH
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that The Brownie Owl has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.